On Indian roads, it is very hard to say which area is safer to drive and which is not. This applies to almost the entire country. In such case, one need to be prepared for situations like accident, blaze, car breakdown etc. Now, at times where car breaks down, it is easier to get away with the situation, but what if the blazing happens in the car while you’re driving or are inside the car with your seatbelts on? How do we deal with such situation without getting panicked? Cars like Toyota Innova and comes equipped with special safety features.
Incidences of car blazing on Indian roads has been increasing with time. This could be due to many reasons like faults in the manufacturing of the product, defective and unnoticed car parts, increasing outside temperature, style of driving etc. Today when the temperature in Delhi broke all records of past 62 years and reaching to as high as 47.8 degrees and in many parts of India the average temperature crossing a mark of 45 degrees, it is hard to prevent your car from blazing.
God forbid, in case if you experience a fire in your car while you are sitting inside, it is advised not to panic but calmly follow 5 simple steps:
- Stop the car immediately and get out of the car (don’t forgot to un-buckle the seat belt before trying to open the door).
- Just get out of car and don’t bother to take your belongings along. It may turn into flames any second.
- Keep some precautionary equipments in your car 24X7. The equipments like fire extinguisher, a small hammer, some safety nets, small tools like spanner or wheel nut brace that can be helpful in smashing the car window in case of fire.
- It is always necessary to have a presence of mind during such situations. If the fire is at the front end of the car, try to break the glass of rear gate window and come out and vice versa.
- In case nothing is working out, try to seek for help from someone even if it is a minor fire.
Government should also take some proper actions by forcing the car manufacturing companies to check each and every car and rectify the troubling parts if any. You never know, who is using the car with faulty parts and gets trapped by it. Also, state government can also play an extensive role by getting the destructive and damaged roads repaired quickly and in a nice manner. There have been some companies who already started to call their sold cars back for a check-up like Honda Civic, Toyota Fortuner, Maruti etc.
You would never want that when you leave your office for home, you reach there in an injured form. So, in order to reach your destination safely it is highly advised to read the above mentioned steps carefully and explain the same to your loved ones. Remember, when you are safe, you can keep everyone else safe and healthy.